Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's been.....one week!

Hi loyal readers,
This summer I am interning at HBO Entertainment, and in the three days I have worked there, I have realized that there is so much nonsense in Hollywood, someone must be there to share it. So here I am, giving the ethernet real facts and my own realizations about Hollywood's ridiculousness.








Tidbit #1- Did you know that famed Oscar nominated actress Lauren Bacall, former wife of Humphrey Bogart and star of such glorified films as "The Big Sleep" and "How to Marry a Millionaire" (which also starred Marilyn Monroe) shares the SAME AGENT as Diedrich Bader, known for playing Oswald on The Drew Carey Show, and Officer Cheets in "The Country Bears." I guess there is no such thing as an agent having standards. What I cannot figure out is the order of the client signings. Was Diedrich Bader signed on when Lauren Bacall was looking for new representation? Did she look at Bader's agent's clients and say to herself,

"Wow! This guy represents Diedrich Bader! I loved him in Meet the Spartans! His agent must be a classy guy. Way for him to find his clients awesome projects! Ill choose him."

Or did Diedrich Bader look at Bacall's agent list and say to himself,

"Wow! He represents Lauren Bacall! She was in the 1995 ABC Movie of the Week, "From the Mixed Up Files of Miss Basil E. Frankweiler!" I loved that movie! I want her agent to represent me! She has the kind of respect I wish to garner!"

Did the agent work his way up to representing actresses like Lauren Bacall, or did he work his way down to representing actors like Diedrich Bader. Maybe he is good friends with Diedrich and represents him as a favor because they play squash together? Maybe he represents Bacall because he thought she was Kathleen Turner? Maybe he thought to himself, now that I represent Lauren Bacall, I can only go down from here, I might as well represent Rex Kwon Doe. We'll never know. The only thing we DO know is that I have spent WAAAAY to much time thinking about this.

MOVING ALONG

I will also be introducing through this blog my thoughts on ACTORS WHO ARE THE SAME.
Here are todays:

BLAIR UNDERWOOD AND TAYE DIGGS
Now before you say.....HEY THATS RACIST! Wait. Both of these actors are simply interchangeable. Hollywood gives them the exact same parts to play. If you watch "In Treatment," please tell me that you cant see Taye Diggs playing cocky, handsome, Military Sargent "Alex." Or if you watch, "The New Adventures of Old Christine" please tell me you cant see Taye Diggs playing the so good looking, handsome and guy so hot that even an older white woman would fall in love with him. Or tell me that you cant see Blair Underwood playing the handsome, beautiful and guy so hot even a white woman would fall for him on "Private Practice." Speaking of which, you know who else plays a hot doctor pretty well....ISAIAH WASHINGTON.
You know what, I'm gonna stop before I get myself in trouble.

UNTIL TOMORROW---

2 comments:

Cararara said...

hahhaaaa you're funny

Anonymous said...

LOL Ridiculous. I'm glad you provided pictures so that us simple country folk can identificate all those fancy Hollywood types. Now I can keep up; truly appreciated.